Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT utilises AI and Big Data Analytics to deliver significant advantages to end-users and service providers
Orchestration/Automation Innovation of the Year
Schneider Electric EcoStruxure IT, EcoStruxure IT Expert and EcoStruxure IT for Partners are the Industry’s first and only vendor-neutral, Cloud-based Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) architectures..
As part of Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure architecture, EcoStruxure IT operates on all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets like secure power and cooling solutions.
It takes advantage of the growing presence of Internet of Things (IoT) technology in data centre products, gathering status information and updates from all manner of connected products including racks, UPS systems and cooling equipment.
Using Big Data analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and intelligent benchmarking techniques, it can analyse aggregated data from a wide variety of sources to provide analytical insight into the operation of a data centre.
Armed with these tools, data centre operators can become more proactive in their approach to management. Instead of reacting to problems as they occur, they can plan for adequate replacement of compute resources either in a single data centre or across a portfolio of distributed edge sites. Pre-emptive maintenance of equipment approaching capacity limits or nearing end of life can be scheduled to incur minimum disruption or downtime and furthermore means that costs can become more manageable.
EcoStruxure IT Expert is completely vendor neutral and can be used to monitor equipment from a wide variety of suppliers. As a cloud-based solution it is readily scalable, and alerts and other vital maintenance information can be dispatched from a central console to remote service personnel, using a variety of mobile devices including smart phones.
EcoStruxure™ IT for Partners is an open, cloud-based, multi-tenant platform developed for MSP’s and IT solution providers focused on data centre and distributed IT sites. This secure platform is enabled by EcoStruxure's predictive analytics and will host applications and tools for solution providers to build new, recurring service offerings and business models.
They provide global visibility from anywhere, at any time on any connected device including tablets or smart devices and deliver data-driven insights into critical IT assets, which helps customers mitigate risk and reduce downtime.
Additionally the software allows partners and end-user alike to drive profitability by delivering managed services for data centre power and cooling solutions, allowing users to increase customer intimacy, revenue streams and new business opportunities by providing visibility and insights into their customers' remote and distributed infrastructure.
"EcoStruxure IT Expert provides the foundation to give partners visibility into multiple customer sites and develop additional potential revenue streams," said Kim Polvsen, Vice President & General Manager of Digital Services & Data Centre Software, Schneider Electric. "In the near future, we will deliver additional functionality and applications within EcoStruxure IT for Partners, offering our partners additional capabilities to remotely access customer sites and increase efficiency and control, reducing the need for onsite visits."
EcoStruxure IT Expert key benefits include:
• Vendor-neutral and multi-tenant monitoring platform enabling partners to grow their services offer to include power and cooling.
• For customers not under contract, partners can resell this simple to deploy Software as a Service offer for additional recurring revenue.
• Global visibility into their customers' infrastructure – in the cloud or at the edge – with data-driven recommendations to improve performance and efficiency and reduce costs.
• Global view of inventory, alarms, and recommendations to resolve; also with analytics and benchmarking.
What are the major differentiators between your product/solution and those of your primary competitors?
1) EcoStruxure IT, and EcoStruxure IT Expert are the data centre Industry’s first vendor-neutral, Cloud-Based Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) architectures.
2) The cloud-based software uses the power of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Big Data Anaytics to gather data from any IoT-enabled data centre infrastructure solution, no matter the brand or Vendor.
3) This becomes even more important when managing distributed edge environments, something that cannot be delivered when utilising traditional on-premise Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software.
4) To date, it is the only solution of its kind avaialble in the industry and shows why Schneider Electric’s focus on Innovation within the data centre and critical infrastructure industries continues to position them as the market leader.