Storage Company of the Year
Headquartered in San Jose, California, and with more than 35 years of storage know-how, Quantum’s technology, solutions, and services help information-intensive companies protect one of their most valuable assets – their data. We help customers capture, create and share digital content, and preserve and protect it for decades. With solutions built for every stage of the data lifecycle, Quantum's platforms provide the fastest performance for high-resolution video, images, and industrial IoT.
More than 25,000 companies, from small businesses to global enterprises, have trusted Quantum to help leverage their video and rich media assets to power innovations, including:
• Media & Entertainment
• Surveillance & Industrial IoT
• Autonomous Vehicle
• Enterprise Backup & Archive
Key achievements in 2018/2019
• August, 2019, Quantum completes earnings restatement and demonstrates significant traction on business transformation
• June 2019, announces Distributed Cloud Services, a new line of operational services and storage-as-a-service offerings - designed to enable customers to redirect valuable IT and engineering resources to focus on meeting business goals, improving the overall user experience and maximising the return on investment for storage, while maintaining the control and security of an on-premise infrastructure.
• April 2019, Quantum's F-Series NVMe Storage Garners two industry awards at 2019 NAB Show: ‘Best New Storage Technology’ at NAB Show Product of the Year Awards, and ‘ProductionHUB Award of Excellence’.
• April 2019, announces the VS-Series, an efficient, flexible storage platform designed for surveillance and industrial IoT applications - security professionals can efficiently record and store surveillance footage and run an entire security infrastructure on a single platform.
• April 2019, announces the F-Series, a new line of NVMe storage arrays designed for performance, availability and reliability - designed for studio editing, rendering, and other performance-intensive workloads utilising large unstructured datasets.
• January 2019, announces the availability of the latest DXi-series backup appliances – the DXi9000 and DXi4800, to deliver greater storage density and efficiency for enterprises around the world.
• November 2018, announces a new ruggedized, in-vehicle storage solution designed specifically for mobile and remote capture of video and other IoT sensor data.
• September 2018, enhanced Xcellis Scale-out Storage with StorNext 6.2 software and NVMe technology unveiled, offering ultra-fast performance: 22 GB/s single-client, uncached streaming bandwidth, making it easy to access and cost-effectively share flash-based resources.
• August 2018, announces the availability of a new converged tape appliance designed to make it fast and easy to procure, install, configure and create tape backups in a Veeam environment for offline protection against ransomware.
• July 2018, appoints Jamie Lerner as Chief Executive Officer and President. He brings more than 25 years of experience developing innovative technology portfolios and leading large, high-performing organisations.
Quantum’s channel partner programme, Quantum Alliance, is designed to help partners grow their businesses and deliver profitability by leveraging Quantum’s hyperconverged storage solutions portfolio. Quantum Alliance has been operating globally since 2003, with the aim of assuring partners that their toughest challenges and data complexities can be solved with solutions that are unmatched for performance, data accessibility, and return on investment.
Most recently, the programme was honoured with a 5-Star rating by CRN in its 2019 channel programme guide. To determine the 2019 5-Star ratings, the research team assessed each vendor’s partner programme based on investments in programme offerings, partner profitability, partner training, education and support, marketing programmes and resources, sales support, and communication – and ranked Quantum Alliance highly in all these key areas.
In August 2019, Quantum announced a new deal registration programme, enhanced channel enablement tools, and a refreshed channel partner portal, signaling increased momentum for the company's Alliance Partner Program, and offering the latest example of the company's transformation. The program enhancements are designed to simplify and accelerate the way partners do business with Quantum and follow the company's recent recognition as a CRN 5-star Partner Program Guide Winner for 2019.
This success highlights the investment that Quantum has made in the programme and demonstrates the company’s commitment to supporting its partners as they grow.
• Summary: An ultra-fast, highly available storage array for editing, rendering, and processing of video content and other large unstructured datasets.
• What makes the product stand out amongst its competitors: Quantum’s F-Series breaks away from conventional ideas and processes within the field, as it incorporates the latest Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) networking technology, and provides direct access between workstations and the NVMe storage devices, delivering predictable, fast network performance.
• Summary: A ruggedized, removable storage system designed for mobile and remote video storage, making it ideal for transporting content between on-set production and studios and high-speed data capture in a moving vehicle in tough environments.
• What makes the product stand out amongst its competitors: data captured by R-Series is easily stored, removed and carried from point A to B across any environment. And because the storage is easily removable, you can quickly upload data captured ‘in the field’ to a Quantum StorNext shared storage environment and start work on that data.
• Summary: An efficient, flexible platform designed for surveillance and industrial IoT applications.
• What makes the product stand out amongst its competitors: The VS-Series is a software-defined platform which offers the broadest range of deployment options. Many appliances can scale out (for more cameras), or scale up (for increased retention).